Kit Worthington Foundation for the Arts (the GIG)
The GIG (Kit Worthington Foundation for the Arts) is a non-profit foundation created to help students aspire to their dreams through education, inspiration, and opportunity. We will help in strengthening and connecting the local community to the arts through events, programs, and scholarships. We will help financially assist budding enthusiasts to advance in their artistic endeavors.
- 2018: $5,615.24 in scholarships and grants were given out to students in the 2018 year. ($4,210.24 to organizations such as schools and music/art programs, and $1,405 to individuals who made requests for scholarship funds through written letter or our website).
- MDHS Drama and Visual Arts
- Heartland High School
- Meadows Valley School
- Cascade School Arts & Drama
- Payette Lakes Middle School
- Alpine Playhouse
- Seven Devils Playwright Festival
- April 2008 through January 2018: The GIG has given out Scholarships and Grants of over $86,000. Just some of the schools and organizations that benefit are (Adams and Valley County Schools, Organizations such as Seven Devil's ID Theatre, Playwrights, McCall Donnelly School District for musical instruments, McCall Public Library for Film Grants and Artist Participation Events). The GIG also give out scholarships to individuals for music lessons, including voice lessons, violin lessons, piano lessons and more. Also, the McCall Donnelly high school student's participation in NAFME All-National Choir and HOSA National Leadership Conference at the Grand Ole Opry Music event.
- 1/1/17 TO 12/31/17 is $4,938.00
- 1/1/16 TO 12/31/16 is $6,115.00
- January 2015 through December 2015, Total Scholarships and Grants of over $7,354 were given out.
- January 2014 through December 2014, Total Scholarships and Grants of $6,025 were given out.
- January 2013 to December 2013: Total Scholarships and Grants of $5,073 have been given out.
- January 2012 through December 2012: Total Scholarships and Grants of $4,885.00 were given out.
Some of the groups the who received funds were:
About Kit Worthington
Mr. Worthington is the creator and owner of Bistro 45, a successful wine bar and icon in McCall, ID. Through his business, Mr. Worthington has developed many connections within the community and supported the arts at many levels.
Mr. Worthington is well-liked, respected and trusted across every spectrum of the community and is therefore able to successfully elicit both funds and volunteers.
Mr. Worthington is the founder of the Kit Worthington Foundation for the Arts and is passionate about making a difference to young people and arts in the community.